Forum Home Forum Home - Announcements - What's New
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: eightcowwife | taowensf | txmom | musicmama | sunnymom | Sarah2106 | umbribyz
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Article: How To Lanolize Wool...Without Spots...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
diaperpin-jen View Drop Down
Pincorporated
Pincorporated

Member Rating(6)

Perennial Pinner
14 years 158 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote diaperpin-jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Article: How To Lanolize Wool...Without Spots...
    Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 9:41am

This is an older article but has terrific information so I thought I'd highlight it today!

How To Lanolize Wool...Without Lanolin Spots!

How do you know if your cover needs lanolizing?

When you wash it, press it into the water. Look for the following signs:

• If wool sits on top of the water and has little pools of water gathering on top - it does not need lanolizing.
  • If wool sits on top of the water and has some pools and some areas that absorbed water without assistance - it could use a good lanolizing soon.
  • If wool sinks and saturates completely - it is time to lanolize.

Now here's how to lanolize without those pesky lanolin spots. I've been very thorough, so there are quite a few pictures. Have fun!

Read more...

Creator of the Pin and Proud mama of 2!

Check out our new blog - The Corner! iv class
Sponsored Links

strawhouse View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote strawhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 11:27am
So, maybe it's just me, I am sleep deprived and without caffine, but I don't see where in the article you lanolize?
I got a wonderful lesson on washing, then step 13, where you tell me to locate my lanolin and mixing jar..... then it ends? Help, I'm here with some nice clean wool, set aside as you told me, and I don't know what to do?! ;)
lawahine View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote lawahine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 3:09pm
Okay, that totally made wool not intimidating!
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
7 years 69 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 3:56pm
I think this article alone has converted many a mama to wool ;)
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

Post Reply Post Reply