Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Healthy Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: sunnymom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

Baby food question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GreenJessicaA View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote GreenJessicaA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby food question
    Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 5:53pm
So, right now DS is eating a mix of processed organic foods and conventional homemade foods.  I try to avoid processed foods for our family but I don't like pumping him full of pesticides either.  Which do you think is the lesser of two evils?   

Wife to David, Mama to DD(04/07) and DS(08/11) giada md
Sponsored Links

mom4moju View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Member Rating(17)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 239 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mom4moju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 6:05pm
Processed food by far the evil, in my opinion!  I would rather feed my kids something that looks, tastes and smells like real food and the food that I prepare for the rest of us.  Organic food is not that much different, especially in Canada. 
Christina, wife to Monty (Jul 06), Mom to T (Apr 09) and C (jun 11)
erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(38)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 117 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 6:35pm
Definitely conventional whole foods.
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(31)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 28 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 6:41pm
I agree.  We have always fed the baby some of what we are eating.  As a bonus, I think it helps to force me to eat healthier!
Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 354 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 6:49pm
I go for homemade over processed any day. 
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(23)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 63 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 6:51pm
I agree with home made over processed.

With my youngest we did no baby food (purees) at all. He just ate what we were having for dinner. It did force me to think about what we were eating because it was what he was eating too
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(23)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 349 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 8:38pm
we don't do baby food at all. i just make sure there is something for everybody to eat :)
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

TrishaS View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote TrishaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 11:00pm
Yep, avoid processed at all costs. Especially when feeding children!   BTW since I breastfed exclusively, my kids rarely ate until after they were about one, by then they ate what we ate whenever possible.

patsyruss View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote patsyruss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 1:43am
Baby food recipes are great when it comes to feeding your baby. Aside from the fact that it is a healthy option, they are far easier to make than buying jarred baby food. Make it one at a time and store it on the refrigerator to save money.

Post Reply Post Reply